Thursday, April 1, 2010

April a new month, A new start!!!!

So I've doing a lot of things the past few months, trying new things, seeing what works for me. Between poker, my kids, wife, and working part time, it has been really tough the past few months to balance. But now is April, and I'm going to try really hard to balance between them all. I've also decided to start working out and lose roughly 20 pounds in the next months.

So what am I going to do to balance this out. Well, i'm going to try and get most of my playing time in the days I have to go to work. On my days off, i'm going to have one day where there is no poker whatsoever and another day where I at least get a good half day off as well just to spend time with my babies and wife. Do things, take drives, maybe just have a nice day. As far as working out, i'm going to try and wake up around 7am and do a light to medium workout for 15-30 minutes a day. I chose 7am because everyone is usually still sleeping and my babies don't wake up till around 8-9am. That way I don't take away from the rest of my day.

Hopefully this will work out. My confidence has been down the past few months after putting in probaby 400K hands in the past few months and pretty much losing to break even. I think I had one small winning month. I'm tired of making money only through the supernova bonuses on stars and ready to play quality and quantity poker. I've been working on putting in 2-3 sessions instead of one long session keeping my sessions to about 2-3 hours. I've also been transitioning back to 6max which I really enjoy. I fire up around 7-12 6max tables and around 4-5 Full Ring tables and have found it to be quite comfortable. I'm also going going to dedicate a few sessions a week to 180 man turbo SnG's since I've had some pretty decent results. So that is something I will throw into the mix and maybe a few HU sessions.

One thing I'm really working on which I've been trying the past few days now is not looking at my cashier box and holdem manager stats. I not looking at how many hands I put in, not knowing how much money I've won or loss for the day and really focused on playing my best poker at all times. If I go busto, I wasn't meant to play poker. I guess the only thing I'm really looking at is how many fpp's I have by the end of the day since I rely on the points to live and pay bills. I'm gonna try and not look till maybe 2 weeks or really at the end of the month to check my results and review my play. I've in the past few days have felt more alive and focused on playing my A game at all times. I'm not thinking about how much I lost or how much I've won when I had a good run. Really, it's just now what I want to be thinking about. Just thinking about the game, making the best decisions, and playing solid poker is all I need!!!

Best of luck on the journey!!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment